Sunday, December 30, 2012

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

An ambitious intern. A perfectionist executive. And a whole lot of name calling. Discover the story that garnered more than two million reads online.

Whip-smart, hardworking, and on her way to an MBA, Chloe Mills has only one problem: her boss, Bennett Ryan. He’s exacting, blunt, inconsiderate—and completely irresistible. A Beautiful 

3.5 Stars
It was originally written as a Twi fan-fic titled "The Office".  I didn't read that version, so I can not comment on the differences.  
This book is the classic alpha male CEO, cute and snarky assistant story.  There were lots of sex in inappropriate place, and ripped expensive underwear. That being said, it was a really steamy read.  I would rate the sexual tension and witty banter at a solid 4 stars, but the other dialog and character development left a little to be desired.  

The good:
  • The cover is what really drew me in.  I am a sucker for a good cover, I know it makes me superficial....but who cares.
  • The tension between Chloe and Bennett was palpable.
  • The sex scenes were melt your panties hot!
The not so good:
  • The story line left a little to be desired, and the dialog between the characters was a little to predictable.
  • I wanted it to be longer.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this. I read it as fan fic & loved it but I will def read the book also!

    ReplyDelete