Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reading Now

Up next on my TBR!!

Update 1/25: I am on chapter 5, and I can't put it down.  This book is hilarious.


Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole #1)Shark Bait by Jenn Cooksey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 had me laughing my ass off stars!

My favorite guilty pleasures of all time are YA romances, and cheesy 80's movies and music. This book manages to take all of these things, and roll them all into one. Camie is Awesome...in that totally, bodacious, 16 candles way. You find yourself laughing and cheering her on all at the same time.
And Jake Ryan.....I mean Tristan, swoon!!
To top it all off her sister is an evil genius, with devious tendencies. I love her, and want to see a story about her.
The story line was fast paced, and believable, and made me sigh on several occasions.

While it was said to be New Adult, I think it would fit as a more mature YA. There is some heavy petting, drug use (just pot), and underage drinking....but that's it. The vocabulary used advanced for most high school kids, but still appropriate for the age group.

And once again......I love this book! For real, it rocked. Just wanted to make that clear.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this book. Went ahead and bought it. Gonna have to move it up my list :)

    ReplyDelete