Thursday, April 4, 2013

Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley

2 stars

Ohhhh Kristen.  Let me first say I loved Motorcycle man, and almost every other KA book I have read.  This was not the case for poor Shy and Tab.  This is almost a mourning process for me.  I wanted to love this book so much, and I really didn't even end up liking it.
I never really connected with the characters.  I think it was the way the first 10 chapters were written.  You get a glimpse of Shy, then it is 10 months later.....3 days later....1 year later......6 months later.  Instead of getting a story, you just got pieces of reaction to things that were happening.  Tab seemed boring, and Shy could have been exchanged for Tack.  They spoke the same, and had the same attitude.
The action was pretty lame, and it felt contrived.  The only reason there was any action was to have cameo appearances by Hawk, and almost everyone else ever in a KA book.  I found myself skimming a lot and doing some eye rolls.  To say I was bored is an understatement.

I think I will go read Sweet Dreams again to restore my faith in KA.

No comments:

Post a Comment