Saturday, May 4, 2013

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken

4.5 Stars



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
1. Do not touch The Elect.

2. Do not look at The Elect.

3. Do not speak to The Elect.

Sounds simple, right.....obviously not when you room with the leader's sister, and he is best looking guy you have ever seen. Trace shows up at this school she was let in on a charity lottery straight out of the farm country of Wyoming.  She even moo's to her classmates at an assembly.  Trace is an awkward girl dream.

This book falls nicely in the NA genre with both age group and content.  I thought I was just going to start this book and read until I got sleepy.  Three hours later I had to put it down because I kept dropping my iPad on my face trying to stay awake.  I then woke up at 5 to finish it.   There was just the right amount of awkward, sexual tension, action, possible love triangle, and lots of surprising twists.  The author was even nice enough (or mean, depending on how much of a masochist you are) to leave you with the prologue to the second book, which I trade arm for right now. I just need a hook or something to hold my iPad.

The only down points are the setting is a little odd.  It is supposed to be a college, but I was convinced for almost half the book that it was High School.  I little bit of a sophisticated High School, but it seemed to clique and young to be college.  Other than that I was hooked.

Recommended for those of you who liked Sempre, it has that same bad boy swagger.








No comments:

Post a Comment