Friday, November 29, 2013
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
I feel like I have waited forever for this sequel....two years is forever in e-book time. I LOVED the first one, and it ended on a cliffhanger. Now I am going to have to go and read it again before starting the new one. Lucky for me they are both only 3.99, so it's like two for one.
It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back. Anything, including making a deal with Raffe, an injured enemy angel. Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco, where Penryn will risk everything to rescue her sister and Raffe will put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world. When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.
Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans, where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.
Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Oh, and it's free
Jade loves her new apartment--until a ghost joins her in the shower.
When empath Jade Calhoun moves into an apartment above a strip bar on Bourbon Street, she expects life to get interesting. What she doesn't count on is making friends with an exotic dancer, attracting a powerful spirit, and developing feelings for Kane, her sexy landlord.
Being an empath has never been easy on Jade's relationships. It's no wonder she keeps her gift a secret. But when the ghost moves from spooking Jade to terrorizing Pyper, the dancer, it's up to Jade to use her unique ability to save her. Except she'll need Kane's help--and he's betrayed her with a secret of his own--to do it. Can she find a way to trust him and herself before Pyper is lost?
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
When I got approved for this ARC I did a serious happy dance. I loved the first one, and have been waiting like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve for the next one. Now I have it my hot little hands. I let you guys know how it is. If you haven't read the first one, go check it out.
This book gives a lot of back story on the men of the Eagle Elite you get to see how they interacted as children, and now as adults. It gave you a glimpse of how even though they are "bosses" they are still only in their early 20's.
Things I loved
1. The love triangle is alive and well. There is so much tension between Chase and Nixon, while Trace seems clueless
2. Trace shoots someone, and they totally deserve it. I was shocked and laughing at the same time.
3. We get to meet a new character Mil, and I have a girl crush on her. She is awesome, and apparently will play a big part in the next book.
4. It made me cry a little, I never cry at books, so this was a major accomplishment. A character that I hated and wanted to wear the cement shoes ended up making me feel bad for him.
5. Tons of action. I never knew who was going to get shot, who was on top, and who was double crossing.
6. Nixon quotes Shakespeare....swoon
Things that made me a little nuts
1. The love aspect was kind of glossed over. I would have liked a more romantic side...read a little smutty.
2. Holy cliffhanger batman....but at least I will be assured of another book.
3. I would have like more girl POV's
In the end, I loved it and will be reading the next one. But, I will read anything this woman writes. If you are looking for a series that is Romeo and Juliet meets the Godfather, this one is for you.