Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Killing Sarai

Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

www.armywifemb.blogspot.com
Army Wife's Reviews
As much as I loved "The Edge of Never" this one didn't do it for me.  I never felt connected to the characters, or the mission they were on.  I know it was fiction, but I felt like it was just a little too far fetched to be believable.  
1. Sarai is a girl who is taken to a Drug Lord by her mom and spends 9 years there before she decides to try and escape.
2.  Apparently her "savior" is a hitman (maybe, maybe not) that was recruited to an order at the age of 8, with his half brother (who grew up with him, but has a different accent) This part made my head hurt.
3.  There were just too many things brought up with no backstory or explanation that just made you go, WTF are they talking about.

Another problem I had was the lack of sexual tension.  The characters did not seem to be attracted to each other at all.  If it hadn't been for the inner monologue where Sarai says she is attracted to him, I would have never known.
If some, read all, of this had been left out I would have been able to connect better and fall in love with the characters. In my opinion, the author neglected the important skill of world building.  As it was written, I didn't really care what happened to them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment